Terms and conditions:
Home Advantage Important offer terms
The supply of electricity and/or natural gas under the Home Advantage Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers (“General Terms”), which are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This offer only applies to selected new and existing residential electricity and/or natural gas customers who sign up to this Plan before 31 July 2019.
- To be and remain eligible for this Plan you must receive your energy bill by email (e-Bill).
- On this Plan, your electricity and/or natural gas pricing will stay the same until 31 March 2021 (“Term”), unless Nova Energy adjusts your pricing:
- a) due to changes to taxes (e.g., GST), levies (including the Electricity Authority Levy and/or Gas Industry Company Levy), the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme, or any other governmental or regulatory changes; or
- b) if, for any reason, the information that Nova Energy has relied on to set your pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g., if your metering set-up or capacity and/or pricing category is incorrect or changes during the Term).
- On this Plan, you will also receive a $150 account credit (including GST) per electricity and/or natural gas Installation Control Point on your ﬁrst Nova Energy invoice. This account credit is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable, and no cash alternative is available.
- At the end of the Term, you will be moved to new pricing applicable for your area and metering set-up. We will notify you of this new pricing.
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Term an early termination fee may apply. If applied, the early termination fee will comprise:
- a) an Administration Fee of $50 (including GST); and
- b) a Variable Fee of $100 (including GST) if you end the Plan within the first 30 days of the Term, which thereafter reduces by $10 for every subsequent 30 day period that you have been on the Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no part reduction for part 30 day periods.
- The early termination fee may apply in respect of each Installation Control Point switched away from Nova Energy during the Term, and will be calculated from the date you start the Plan for each Installation Control Point.
- The early termination fee under this Plan will not apply in circumstances where you switch away from Nova Energy within 30 days of receiving a notice of: any changes to the pricing of this Plan in accordance with clause 3(b) above; or any material changes to our General Terms.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move (in which case the early termination fee may apply if you move during the Term). However, if you move properties and sign up with Nova Energy at your new property, the early termination fee may be waived at Nova Energy’s absolute discretion.
- This Plan is only available in selected Nova supplied regions. It does not apply to business or Time-of-Use (TOU) sites, unmetered electricity charges, distributed generation (i.e. solar export) pricing, or our standard fees and charges.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. The General Terms apply in conjunction with these special terms and are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz. Where there is a conflict between the General Terms and the special terms of this Plan set out above, the terms of this Plan will apply.