SPOTLIGHT: Genesis Energy
Meet Genesis Energy – the latest provider in our Spotlight Series and one of New Zealand’s top power companies. Our spotlight series highlights the best energy retailers in New Zealand, so you can compare the options and save on your power bill and electricity costs.
Genesis Energy is well established and reliable. As New Zealand’s largest electricity and gas retailer, Genesis can provide your home with electricity, natural gas and LPG
Genesis Energy has a great introductory offer at the moment: join Genesis Energy through Power Compare and receive up to $300 credit for your power and natural gas. You will receive a 10% prompt payment discount and pricing will be fixed for 24 months, so you know what to expect.
Why choose Genesis Energy?
- Genesis Energy is New Zealand’s largest electricity and gas retailer with more than 650,000 customers. They are well established and reliable.
- Genesis Energy offer competitive rates, with flexible or fixed price plans, prompt payment discounts, Fly Buys points, and a New Zealand based customer service centre.
- Genesis offer electricity and bottled gas throughout New Zealand and gas across the North Island. They are one of the few providers in New Zealand who can take care of your electricity and gas, and you only need to deal with one bill
- Their Energy IQ app allows you to take control of your energy usage. Use the powerful tools in the app to compare, forecast and understand your power use.
- Moving home is easy with Genesis with flexible move in dates. You just needs to give at least 3 day’s notice to let Genesis Energy sort your move out. If you need to have your power on at the new and old home Genesis Energy can set it up for you.
- Genesis offer a number of choices to take control of you energy bill, you can choose to pay through the Energy IQ app, via the Mobile App, Direct Debit, Credit Card, Internet Banking, over the phone of by post. Genesis also offer Control-a-bill, which lets you spread your energy payments out evenly so you pay the same amount weekly, fortnightly or monthly to help with your budgeting
Which areas do Genesis Energy serve?
Genesis offer electricity and bottled gas throughout New Zealand and gas across the North Island.
What type of power does Genesis Energy supply?
Genesis Energy offer electricity, bottled gas, natural gas and solar power to residential customers. They are one of the few providers in New Zealand who can take care of your electricity and gas, and you only need to deal with one bill
Genesis Energy supplies 19 per cent of New Zealand’s electricity from its thermal and renewable power stations. Genesis owns New Zealand’s largest thermal power station at Huntly, hydro stations at Tongariro and Lake Waikeremoana, the Hau Nui Wind Farm in the Wairarapa and a co-generation facility in Kinleith. Genesis Energy also owns 31% equity in the Kupe Oil and Gas project.
How to switch to Gensis Energy
Want to learn more about how to save on your power bill?
Check out these ways to lower your energy bill
Take the Power Bill Challenge with Power Compare